Wednesday, January 2, 2013

WEAVINGS: A Blessed Blessing

WEAVINGS: A Blessed Blessing
by Cindy Stiverson


"Dear Jesus, Thank you for LIFE!"

I am still reflecting on this blessing pronounced over our Christmas dinner. Our 4-year-old Jude asked if he could pray for my made-from-scratch-spaghetti-and-meatballs that I had lovingly prepared for our table of six. We were astonished when he confidently announced these few words with such profundity!
 
Momma, Daddy, Grammy, and Grampy: our faces lit up like fireflies around the table. Even little Isaac, just two, was wide-eyed with wonder. Our mouths poured forth praise for this perfect prayer. Yet, before we even responded, Jude seemed totally aware that his prayer was a special one. His face was bright, his eyes shining, as though he was about to deliver the most precious gift.
 
"Well, that pretty much covers it all!" I recall one of us responding.
 
How often do we truly appreciate and acknowledge the simplest, yet most profound gift that God has given?
 
LIFE! That pretty much says it all!
 
 
"For God So loved the world
that he gave his one and only Son,
that whoever believes in him shall not perish
 but have eternal life."
John 3:16
 
Abba Father,
Thank you for this gift of Jesus. His birth, His death, both intent on one purpose: to give us LIFE!
Forgive us for taking LIFE for granted. Forgive us for being unsatisfied with our lives, for coveting the lives of others. No matter what we face in this New Year, we pray that you will continually remind us that LIFE itself is a precious gift that was given to us at the expense of the death of Jesus Christ.
 
We praise you for the gift of LIFE here and LIFE everlasting. We appreciate the sacrifice you made so that we could truly live! We can't imagine living life without you, dear Jesus. Thank you for LIFE!
Amen.
 
 
 


_________________________________________


I am a speaker, writer, artist and an ordained minister in the Church of the Nazarene. I lead the women at NewarkNaz in Newark, Ohio. In 1998, God gave me a vision for Woven: Women of Virtue Network. It's a blessing to be involved in so many women's lives. Sometimes I think my heart will burst.
So very thankful for my hubby Mark. Extremely proud of my daughter speaker/author Nicole and son-in-law Matthew Bromley. Love my grandsons Jude and Isaac beyond measure.

Loving the Lord with all my heart and leading others to do the same is the greatest joy of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!