Monday, October 22, 2012

WEAVINGS: Where I Live



WEAVINGS: Where I Live
by Kathleen Benis

“Rejoice always.”
 1 Thessalonians 5:16 NIV


A recent teaching gave me a wonderful visual. Beth Moore showed a side-to-side shuffle as she snapped her fingers saying “This is where you live.”

I have found myself thinking more about this shuffle. When my mind wandered to the “what if's” or the “what might be's” this week, I made the conscious effort to stand up straight, begin to move side to side, snap my fingers and recite Psalm 118:24, “This is the day the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it.”

Truth told, there are times when the last thing I want to do is rejoice. I just don't feel thankful about some of my circumstances. God wrote Thessalonians for a reason. He didn't say in most things rejoice. He is asking me to rejoice in Him. By giving this command, Jesus knows it will have an impact on every area of our life.

Being grateful makes us aware of good things God is doing. An attitude of gratitude helps to not focus on what we don't understand, but to remember His words of promise. He makes good out of all that comes against us.  He reminds us of our dependance on Him. Psalm 62:8 tells us that we can pour our hearts out to Him, trust Him to rescue us.

There are days when all I can do is walk around and say, “I trust my trust in you Lord”. When I am in a battle of stinkin' thinkin', I can repeat scripture promises, do “the shuffle”, and focus my attention on Jesus rather than my circumstances.

How about it girls? Won't you give “the shuffle” a chance. Watch Him bring you supernatural joy! I can just see the Lord watching His “Jesus girls” with a smile on His face. Remember where you live. He is in complete control in your every situation. Living like this brings glory to His name. You are a light. The people around you will want to know why you don't grumble and complain. Then you can tell them about your amazing Savior.



_________________________________________

Always thankful for our Woven Leader Kathleen Benis. You can tell from her writing, she is an Irish powerhouse of Jesus-ness!
Love you, my sweet sister...always, Her Cindyness

Kathleen's husband Larry has given her 31years of happiness and now a beautiful home in Newark, Ohio, near their son Nathan and daughter-in-"love" Michelle.
Kathleen loves the Lord and loves sharing insights from God's Word. She loves to help others walk through the hard times, celebrate the good times and give hope in the messy-ness of life.
She is a Woven Woman: a Woman of Virtue!

2 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    It's so hard for me to picture you down and discouraged. You are such a godly example. Thanks for your transparency.
    I love you!
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will shuffle today! Thanks for these words of God's wisdom today.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!