Friday, October 5, 2012

Random WEAVINGS & Ramblings

http://loriportka.com/2012/09/18/artist-retreat/

Random WEAVINGS & Ramblings
by Cindy Stiverson

The Lord is calling me to get back to the blog. 
This morning I am just randomly wondering where to begin...
 
Ever have those times when you know He's tugging at your heart to do something, but just not clear on the "some" of the "thing"? That's me this week! Thus, the random ramblings of my Weavings today! I think He is saying, "Just get started!" So, consider this the icebreaker. Next week will be the real deal!

This week we kicked off our Woven Women's groups at my home church, Newark Church of the Nazarene. It was a great time and so good to have our ladies all in one space again...and many newbies to Woven. That's always a blessing! Our home groups will begin the first week of November. We have several group choices on Monday nights, a 10am Tuesday group which will meet at Williams Street, Wednesday and Thursday evening groups, and a Saturday morning group. Please contact me if you want to be included in a group. We meet monthly through March. You do not have to attend Newark Naz to be in a Woven group. We'd love to have you join us!
 
Our Woven friends from NYC are doing some powerful weaving. Gwen has begun a weekly Woven group at The Rivington House, a residential treatment center for those suffering with HIV/AIDS. They are off to a great start! Meeting weekly with the women there at the hospice, she is using the Woven Workbook An Oasis for Women on the first week of the month. Then she uses devotionals from our blog series "40 Days of Virtue" to lead the discussions on the following weeks. Wow! Gwen is one amazing lady! She is now beginning a group for the men as well! Go Gwen Go!
 
Coming soon to Mt. Vernon First Church of the Nazarene, a new season of Woven will kick-off on Monday, October 22. This is a step back in time for me! I began Woven in this very church in 1998. Two of those original groups are still going strong: a great testimony for Woven and for the women who helped launch this ministry. LOVE! I look forward to this time with old and new friends!
 
Saturday, November 10th, 9am, is our WOVEN MARKETPLACE & BOUTIQUE at Newark Naz, 200 S. Williams Street, Newark, Ohio. This event will celebrate the enterprising women of Newark Naz by showcasing their creative arts and small businesses. Come prepared to shop for unique Christmas items, to be pampered by personal consultants in our boutique, and to enjoy a holiday social with free appetizers and beverages. It's our second year for this and last year was a BIG HIT!
 
 Well, I have enjoyed this time with you this morning! Please forgive my absence. God has added some new adventures to my life. I love a good adventure, but I am really being stretched in ways I have not been stretched in a long time. (I think He's forgotten that I am a Grammy now!) But I am loving the journey! Can't wait to see what's around each twist and turn and bend in the road.
 
What's God doing in your life? Would love for you to share! Anyone have any good ideas for Women's Ministries or fun girl times? Good recipes for fall? Ummm...I had some yummy hot cider last weekend. Time to buy fresh apples from the orchard, too. Okay, I am REALLY RAMBLING now! Have a great weekend and enjoy the beauty of autumn.  and please...DO share with US!
 
After all...WE ARE WOVEN!
 
luv ya! 
Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!