Tuesday, September 4, 2012

A Prayer for Refreshment


A Prayer for Refreshment
~Cindy Stiverson

Ah! how I need your sweet peace, Lord God.
I come to You.
It washes over me and I am grateful, satisfied,
tapping into the Living Water,
the divine well within my soul.

"All who are thirsty, come. Drink."
Perhaps I have made this offer too freely, too frequently.
I realize that others have noticed this water,
the peaceful water that wells up from within.
They come to me to be refreshed,
without realizing, I am not the source of the river.

They receive a small sip,
lap up the overflow of my spirit,
when they could gulp up the True Source.
If only they would unfold their hearts,
fully open up to You.
Then, they, too, would release this unstoppable flow from within.

Filling these invisible cups of need leaves me dry, drained.
Thirsty, I return to You
where the water flows so freely.
I am reminded of our Infinite Supply of grace.
I am replenished, restored, re-sent.

Ah! The cleansing flood!
It washes over the soul and all is well within!
Why draw from another's well?
You can have your own infinite supply.
Go to the Source of Living Water.
His name is Jesus Christ, the Son of the Living God.

"Jesus stood and said in a loud voice,
'If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink.
Whoever believes in me...
streams of living water will flow from within him.'
By this he meant the Spirit."
(John 7:37-38NIV)



______________________________________________

I am a speaker, writer, artist and an ordained minister in the Church of the Nazarene. I lead the women at NewarkNaz in Newark, Ohio. In 1998, God gave me a vision for Woven: Women of Virtue Network. It's a blessing to be involved in so many women's lives. Sometimes I think my heart will burst.


So very thankful for my hubby Mark. Extremely proud of my daughter speaker/author Nicole and son-in-law Matthew Bromley. Love my grandsons Jude and Isaac beyond measure.


Loving God with all my heart, soul, strength; and loving and leading others to do the same is the greatest joy of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!