Thursday, August 16, 2012

LIFE LESSONS: Piggy-Back Rides!


LIFE LESSONS: He Gives Piggyback Rides!

“Let the beloved of the Lord rest secure in him,
for he shields him all day long,
and the one the Lord loves rests between his shoulders."
Deuteronomy 33:12
The temple in Jerusalem was located almost between the mountain ridges of the territory of Benjamin. Moses saw it as a symbol of the Lord’s presence covering Benjamin continually, suggesting this metaphor of being safe, the temple being nestled between the shoulders of God.

I  still remember those hot summer days when my son Nathan was a small boy. We would venture out as a family for some fun-in-the-sun. When nap time came, Nathan would reach his hands up to his dad and say, “Piggy-backs, Daddy! I want to rest.” He was safe, at rest between Daddy's shoulders.

Recently I feel pulled in every direction. The busy-ness of summer activities, and helping new mom and dad with our grandson (lovin' it!). All of this keeps me from my rest time with God. I begin to feel drained of my energy. The enemy begins to attack as my inner critic, telling me,“I can't...” or “If only I could...” and “You should be..."

Get the picture? I feel deflated. I want to wear an "Out Of Order” sign on my back. I begin to lose gratitude for the beautiful life God has blessed me with.


Then I hear God saying, “Come. Rest between my shoulders.” Turning to God, I ask for refreshing. His vision is to live as a divinely supported, God-strong woman, to recognize He is with me through every challenge. All. Day. Long.

When I take the time to rest in Him, I am empowered. He renews me with a fresh dose of divine energy. Soaking in His peace enables me to say "I can!", rather than assuming that I cannot. As I give my worries over to God, they are no longer mine to carry. Jesus encourages us to do exactly that:
"Come to me. Get away with me and you'll recover your life. I'll show you how to take a real rest. Walk with me and work with me—watch how I do it. Learn the unforced rhythms of grace. I won't lay anything heavy or ill-fitting on you. Keep company with me and you'll learn to live freely and lightly (Matthew 11:29-30)."
There it is! Jesus, inviting us to rest between His shoulders, to dwell in His safety, and allow Him to be our covering all day long.
  • Is it time for you to surrender?
  • Take a rest?
  • Trust Him to scoop you up on His shoulders?
When you surrender, you will draw from His wellspring of divine refreshing. He will satisfy your soul.

The Lord will guide you always;
He will satisfy your needs in a sun-scorched land
and will strengthen your frame.
You will be like a well-watered garden,
like a spring whose waters never fail.
Isaiah 58:11 NIV


 Ahh! Such sweetness today from Kathleen. Let's all pray it together, "Piggy-backs, Daddy! I need rest!" Oh how I love Him! How wonderful it is to be your Woven sister! I love doing life with you! ~Cindy 

As you rest in Him, allow this video to be His response. It is full of the Father's words to us!



_________________________________________
Kathleen's husband Larry has given her 31years of happiness and now a beautiful home in Newark, Ohio, near their son Nathan and daughter-in-"love" Michelle.
Kathleen loves the Lord and loves sharing insights from God's Word. She loves to help others walk through the hard times, celebrate the good times and give hope in the messy-ness of life.
She is a Woven Woman: a Woman of Virtue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!