Monday, August 20, 2012

LIFE LESSONS: Grammy's Answered Prayers


LIFE LESSON: Grammy's Answered Prayer

I sat this morning in prayer, holding my new grandson. I sat in the comfy glider rocker I bought just for this very day. It's the same chair I prayed in every day for more than a year, as my son and daughter-in-love recieved the prognosis. Odds were slim to nothing that they would ever be able to conceive.

I came across my journal notes for Psalm 119:96. In the margin I have written, "They have done everything humanly possible, now we take this to your High Court, for you are without limit." And that's exactly what we did!

On Valentine's Day last year, I was helping at our neighborhood florist. My kids came through the door and greeted me with a homemade card, a picture of a carriage on it. Then they told me the wonderful news! A young lady had asked them parent her baby. Jack was to be born in August. Wow! Our “walk of faith” began. From that day on, we were on a roller-coaster ride of emotion.

Some days I would pray over the birth mom. “ Jesus allow Alex to know you. Let this loss she will grieve be a place where she will receive from you, Lord.”

Some days fear would grip our family. What if it doesn't work out?  "Lord, we draw close to you through this adoption. Help us to remember you orchestrate our lives. You know the plan you have for us. As long as we keep seeking you for our life plan, we can trust you will blend the desires of our heart with your loving favor over us.”

Jesus placed an unwavering heart in us.

"Hi Jack, Grammy prayed for you today," I wrote. "We are waiting for you! I just finished a study of Revelation. Chapter 5 talks about bowls of incense before the throne of God. They are prayers of God's people before the Lord. I have an angel baby sitting in a bowl in our garden. It's a reminder of all the prayers we are sending to heaven for you."

“Jesus, create this baby to be well and healthy. A gift from you to Michelle and Nathan. Your works are wonderful. Watch over Jack, form him with a heart that is drawn to you.”

In this “walk of faith” with all my prayers of asking, the only thing God asked of me was to believe in Him more than I believe in what I can see. Trust in Him more than what I might feel. I admit, I really did question a lot. I threw a few, (okay, many!) temper tantrums before His throne. Jesus understood. He knows that I have trouble seeing as He does. His love comforted me through days of heartache.

Now, on the other side of this journey, God has proven He has enough power. He has enough time. He is bigger than my problem. God is highly confident of His own plans. He can do everything but fail. I can now praise His name saying;
“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is His faithfulness (Lamentations 3:22 NIV).”
Is your faith being tested by your current circumstances? Don't be tempted or distracted by what you see in the natural. Keep bringing your situation to Jesus. Ask Him to breathe over it, to touch it with His mercy and plan. Hope is oxygen for your soul. No hope for the future, gives you no power in the present. God is always faithful to reveal the best He has for you.

Jesus, thank you for hearing and answering this Grammy's prayers! You are my well of inexhaustible living water. "To all perfection I see a limit, but your commands are boundless (Psalm 119:96 NIV)."

No matter how old you are, no matter what you are hoping for, I pray the words of this lullaby will speak to your inner child and bring peace to your soul. May your faith be stengthened today!
In Him, ~Cindy



_________________________________________

Kathleen's husband Larry has given her 31years of happiness and now a beautiful home in Newark, Ohio, near their son Nathan and daughter-in-"love" Michelle.

Kathleen loves the Lord and loves sharing insights from God's Word. She loves to help others walk through the hard times, celebrate the good times and give hope in the messy-ness of life.
She is a Woven Woman: a Woman of Virtue!

4 comments:

  1. Cynthia, thank you for sharing and of praying that our faith be strengthened today ... It surely was! Blessings to you and your family! ~Joann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praising God with you, Joann!
      Have a wonderful day in His love,
      Cindy

      Delete
  2. Kathleen, I could feel the pain you felt sharing their hope for a child, then I could feel your heart over flow with love when Jack was confirmed a member of your family. I also love the way you word....daughter-in-"love"..so awesome..such a wonderful blessing to have a Grammy like you for you Nathan, Michelle and of course "Jack"...Blessings to you and your family. SallyAnne Trissel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for sharing this love story. I am praying for someone special to me and am asking the Lord to also, Form a Heart in her that will be drawn to Jesus. This is our hope.

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!