Saturday, July 21, 2012

LIFE LESSONS: Who Am I?


LIFE LESSON: Who Am I?
by SallyAnne Trissel

I have always wanted to write. Having made several attempts over the years, I became very frustrated. Who am I, that I would ever become a writer? I mentioned this to a friend. She prayed with me, asking God to remove the block which was preventing me from writing. A few weeks later, my friend Nancy couldn’t wait to tell me about a writer’s group she had heard about. They told her they would love to have me join. I was so excited.

The group meets once a month to encourage each other in their writing...and they were meeting that same week!  I decided to go, even though I didn’t know any of these women. Knocking on the front door, I was greeted by several women who hugged me and took me in. I have never felt so welcome as I did when they introduced me. These women were so spiritual and loving, I felt like I had known them forever.

We practiced some “prompts” to get us started. A prompt is a phrase to stimulate you to write whatever comes to your mind in the next fifteen minutes. It becomes a short story which we then have an opportunity to share with the group. It was so much fun. The stories were all unique and so different. Later they talked about an upcoming Writer’s Retreat. My mouth dropped wide open. I knew I would absolutely love that, so I signed up!

The next month, there I was, staying with these wonderful women at the Writer's Retreat. We spent five day and four nights. No cooking, just writing! The facility was located on 500 acres of woods and a lake. Talk about inspirational! God was everywhere. These women became my “soul sisters”, my newfound friends. I also got a jump-start on my book. An added blessing: I met Cindy Stiverson there and love being a Woven Woman!

All of this leaves me asking, Who am I, that God would go to such measures of answering my prayers and longings to write? I am HIS!

What about you? What are your dreams and desires? What is God prompting you to do? The God who calls you and knows you by name, will lead you and open a way for you to accomplish the God-given desires of your heart.
“Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever.” Psalm 118:1



______________________________________________

It's a joy to introduce you to SallyAnne! You will enjoy her spunk and cheerful nature.
She is a sweetheart and dearly loved!
Thank you SallyAnne! Love you!~Cindy

SallyAnne has been happily married to Bill for almost 9 years. She has two grown sons and three grandchildren. Bill and SallyAnne have 4 Cavalier King Charles Spaniels which are very spoiled. Retired from working with disabled folks, she enjoys painting in her studio and writing. She loves being part of Woven Women and encouraging people to follow the path which God created for them.

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for this message today, SallyAnne! I have had a mental block similar to yours when it comes to my art: "Who am I to think that I can paint when there are others who have been educated in it?" My answer from God is, "You are mine, and I tell you to do it." Why can't I just believe Him? Your wonderful story is a reminder from God that I still have a lot of praying to do, but I also just need to let go. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm right there with you Christine! It's so easy to get trapped in the comparison mode. I am amazed every time someone purchases a painting from me. Such a blessing from God. I don't even understand it, but thankful for the joy of others enjoying my art.

      Your paintings are beautiful, Christine. You're very gifted!
      Love you!
      Cindy

      Delete
    2. I am always amazed with my Gift from God, my artwork. I had painted wine bottles, which I made to look like cottages, they were Vessels which I could pour God's blessings through onto others. And now to feel free about my Gift to share His word through writing, Wow.

      Delete
    3. Previous reply was written by SallyAnne Trissel.

      Delete
  2. Sally ~ Thank you for your beautiful story. I felt the same way, too. I am very blessed to have met you at our writing group. God has many plans for you and me! Love you...Deronda

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!