Wednesday, July 18, 2012

LIFE LESSONS: Share Your Life Song


LIFE LESSON: Share Your Life Song
by Kim Dent

I just returned from a wonderful vacation at Ocean Isle Beach, NC. I love everything about the beach. The sand, the smell of sunscreen, the crashing waves and being tumbled in the surf under a monster wave! I love seafood, searching for shells, and of course the ice cream each night after dinner! But the best part of my beach vacations come just before dawn...when the world is still sleeping and the beach takes on a  gentle pinkish-purplish glow. If hope was a color, I am certain it would be the hue of an Ocean Isle sunrise!

I snuck out around five a.m. on one of these “hope colored” mornings. I closed the screen door quietly behind me and tip-toed down the weathered grey walkway through swaying sea oats past the sand dunes. I stepped into the sand, indulging in this luxurious coolness under my feet. Ahhh... this is worship! I popped my earbuds in, cranked up my iPod and set out at a fast clip toward the surf.

Thankfulness and joy overwhelmed me. The words and music were in perfect rhythm with the waves! I began to leap and twirl as I praised my Creator. Dancing  down the beach, startling a few sea gulls along the way, I was loving every minute of expressing the life song God has given me: to dance!

I remember that not long ago, I would not dare expose my heart, my soul, my life song, so freely in public. I remember vacations past when I preferred to go late in the night to dance along the shoreline. Insecure, I danced in darkness, hiding my light.

Jesus said we are not designed to hide our light, but to let it shine brightly in a dark world.

"Here's another way to put it: You're here to be light, bringing out the God-colors in the world. God is not a secret to be kept. We're going public with this, as public as a city on a hill. If I make you light-bearers, you don't think I'm going to hide you under a bucket, do you? I'm putting you on a light stand. Now that I've put you there on a hilltop, on a light stand shine! Matthew 5:14-16(MSG)"


What song has Jesus placed in your heart? In what ways are you expressing the life song God has given you?  I dance. Maybe you paint, sing, encourage or write. Maybe you shine best through photography, sculpting, gardening, serving or teaching? The ways of expressing our life song to the Lord are as numerous as the sands on the beach. 

Girlfriend, YOU were designed to SHINE and sing your own special life song...in what ever way He has gifted you to do so!  So, go ahead! Let your life song SHINE!

Prayer:
Lord, You are my joy and my delight,
I want to bring honor to you.
May my life song bring you glory and praise
as I shine my light for you!
Amen

____________________________________________

Kim shines so brightly for the Lord. I can't imagine her ever hiding in darkness. Beautiful friend, I love you! So thankful for the day our paths crossed. Love spending time with you!~Cindy


Kim has been married to her high school sweetheart for 26 years. She and Mark have two beautiful daughters, Kaitlyn and Emily, a rescued mutt named Otis and a pleasantly plump cat named Oscar.

A former social worker and real estate agent, Kim now serves full time as Women's Ministry Director at High Mill Church in Canton, OH. Her mission is to inspire women toward courageous authenticity and freedom in Christ. She desires to be a woman who lives and loves like Jesus.

She is a Woven Women: a Woman of Virtue!

1 comment:

  1. I love this idea of a Life Song, Kim. Each of us has a unique voice, individual part, and specific sound, yet we come together to create one gorgeous piece of music in God's earthly, heaven-bound choir!

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!