Monday, July 30, 2012

LIFE LESSONS: Riding the Waves


LIFE LESSON: Riding The Waves
by Kathleen Benis

"'Lord, if it is you,' Peter replied,
'tell me to come to you on the water.'
Jesus said, 'Come on!'
So Peter got down out of the boat,
started walking on the water, and came to Jesus."
Matthew 14:29ISV

“Lord, if it is you...”
Peter models what we usually do. "Lord, I know it is you, but....Lord, I know you are sovereign, but...Lord, I trust you, but...".

I am a new Grammie, A “Glam Gram”. I feel if Hollywood earns a “Grammy” for their hard work, a momma can sport a title for her star role as well!

I think of the “waves of motherhood” as I watch my only son become a father. Seeing him holding his new baby boy, I think of all the precious moments I had as a young mom stepping into the unknown joy of parenting. My husband and I catch glances of joy in each other's eyes, as we watch our “daughter-in-love” and son navigate this uncharted water.

I watch the tears flow from his eyes as he holds his sleeping baby. I think of the tears I wiped from his cheeks as he struggled to reach so many goals to get to this day. I see God's colorful grace in each of those places, setting His plan in place according to His way, His will, His timing.

I think of how we wander out into the waters of life. Much like Peter, one minute we believe we can walk on water, the next minute we fear we might drown. All the while, we are testing the water, trusting God's promise that He will care for us and carry us, yet wondering about all the "but-if's" of our present circumstances. He promises to navigate the waters when the waves become choppy and we lose direction, when our faith falters.
"But when [Peter] looked down at the waves churning beneath his feet, he lost his nerve and started to sink. He cried, 'Master, save me!(vs. 30)"
Are you in a waiting pattern? Are you struggling, feeling God is not watching, not saving you? He saves us again and again. Even in the midst of your current circumstances, He is your Savior and Redeemer.

Don't get stuck. In your walk on water, you may be just one step away from calm waters, where He will unveil yet another rainbow color of His grace.  Don't be afraid to cry out, "Master, save me!" Remember: God sent Jesus to save YOU!

This writing was inspired by the birth of my first grandbaby and by one of my favorite country songs, "Wave Upon Wave" by Pat Green. I pray you will ride the waves of life with Jesus, in faith that He is charting your course!

As you watch this video and listen to the words, perhaps the meaning of today's message for you is this: "Who has Jesus placed in my life that needs to see Jesus through you? So many are drowning in their life circumstances, in search of answers to life's questions. I'm sure you have much more influence than you think! Pray and ask God to help you be an encouragement to that person who is riding the waves, in need of being saved. Then help point them to the Savior. ~Cindy

_________________________________________
Ah! Kathleen! It's such a joy to announce that we have a new Grammy among us! In previous posts, she has shared this journey and now it has come full bloom. Oh how I love the Lord shining through this woman...now Grammy. Congratulations to you and your family, Kathleen. Our prayers have been answered. Your Woven Sisters are celebrating with you! We love you! ~Cindy

Kathleen's husband Larry has given her 31years of happiness and now a beautiful home in Newark, Ohio, near their son Nathan and daughter-in-"love" Michelle.

Kathleen loves the Lord and loves sharing insights from God's Word. She loves to help others walk through the hard times, celebrate the good times and give hope in the messy-ness of life.
She is a Woven Woman: a Woman of Virtue!

4 comments:

  1. Our God is amazing! He continues to richly bless us. Congratulations to Kathleen and her family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Toni Spaulding Monday,July 30,2012

    Sharing in your joy today. Thanks for the wonderful reminder that there is nothing better than being a Grammy and seeing our children again through the precious eyes our of Grands. Blessings to your family.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats for your beautiful touching words and being A "Glam Gram"....I have to say, last year I got a new camaro, and the license plate says..."GRAM CAM" (Grandma's camaro) So we are on the same page, Sista Grandma! Blessings, SallyAnne Trissel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! that's cute! I need one of those. ;)

      Delete

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!