Thursday, July 19, 2012

LIFE LESSONS: Divine Order


LIFE LESSON: Divine Order
by Kathleen Benis

“For we are God's workmanship,
created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do.”
Ephesians 2:10

I have this habit of writing affirmations on little pieces of paper and sticking them in odd places, only to find them later, just when it's exactly what I need to read. My latest find,
“We must identify and understand that which threatens our ability to flourish!”
This just sounds like it should be announced standing on your “soap box”, crown on head and scepter in hand. This saying commands things to come to order!

I am a planner. I struggle when my life becomes too busy to bring order to my day. More often than not I become frustrated and lose my peace. I am no longer content.

Webster defines contentment as "being satisfied to the point where nothing disrupts you." Paul teaches in Philippians how to be content whether in plenty or in need. His secret was drawing on Christ's power for strength. Contentment shouldn't come from having my day under control, but so often I find this is the case for me. Jesus tells us to allow the power of God to establish divine order in our day.

As divine order takes hold in my mind, disrupting thoughts are stilled. Peace and harmony begin to shape my day. I stop trying to monitor my responsibilities and let God influence me to move beyond my plan to His: the divine plan He designed just for me.

Opening my mind and heart to God wards away the worries, allowing me to see my potential. The fog of concern lifts. I am inspired and energized!  My newfound confidence allows me to flourish for Jesus and feel content. I am once again grateful for who God has made me to be and all that I can accomplish through the power of His strength.

Today, let's decide that we don't mind being inconvenienced or interrupted. Let's keep our eyes on Jesus, listen to the Holy Spirit, and be obedient to His tug on our heart. Then God can use us to be an influence in the lives of those around us...even to the ends of the earth!

Prayer:
Jesus, Forgive me for allowing other things in life to rob me of my time with you. Still my thoughts and infuse me with your peace and order today. Help me to clear my mind and stay focused on you, no matter what my day may bring. Teach me to stay in step with you. Give me your assignment for my day. I praise you and love you, Amen.

I pray you will worship the Lord in total abandon today.
He loves you so much...love Him back!
I love you too! ~Cindy
_________________________________________

Kathleen's husband Larry has given her 31years of happiness and now a beautiful home in Newark, Ohio, near their son Nathan and daughter-in-"love" Michelle.

Kathleen loves the Lord and loves sharing insights from God's Word. She loves to help others walk through the hard times, celebrate the good times and give hope in the messy-ness of life.
She is a Woven Woman: a Woman of Virtue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!