Wednesday, June 27, 2012

LIFE LESSONS: Surrender


LIFE LESSON: Surrender
by Deronda Bryant

How do you start your day? Do you decide before your feet hit the floor you are angry? Are you bitter? Do you lack compassion for others? Are you afraid? Maybe you feel you deserve to have the feelings inside of you.

The sacrifice You desire is a broken spirit. You will not reject a broken and repentant heart, O God. (Psalm 51:17 NLT)”

God is waiting for us to surrender our pain to Him. Not some of it, He wants it all. We think we need to hold on to ‘pieces’ of our pain. Why do we think that?

Years ago my family struggled financially. I thought I could pray and God would deliver. We would be fine. The problem was, after I prayed – I walked around with worry inside. One night I went into my bedroom, took the stack of bills, piled them on the bed and prayed,

“God, I give the bills to you. I am finished with worrying. I surrender. I cannot do this. We need your help.”

 A short time later my husband got a job offer. He still holds that same job to this day; a job that came from God.

At one time I could not be around people with children. I was angry and bitter. I felt God was not listening to the cries of a family member who deeply wanted a child, but could not have one of her own. I took offense to comments made about children with disabilities. I took them to heart because of having grandchildren with autism. God taught me I cannot live my life in anger. I fell on my knees before Him, He saw my broken spirit. I surrendered! Now He could use me. Now He could heal me. I was not ready to let it go before. Oh, but when I did, He took all my pain. He has a plan for our life. His plan is that we not feel defeated.

Let your pain go. Surrender it to Him. He is waiting with open arms. The peace and joy you feel is indescribable.

“In the day when I cried out, You answered me, And made me bold with strength in my soul (Psalm 138:3 NLT).”


“Anxiety in the heart…causes depression. But a good word makes it glad (Prov. 12:25 NLT).”


Surrender your pain to God. He knows your heart. He is waiting for you to give it all to Him. Trust Him. He will deliver you. This I know!

____________________________________________

Deronda grew up as a pastor's daughter. She loves God with all her heart. Her desire is to teach love, compassion, and mercy to the hurting.

Deronda and hubby Rick of 35 years live in Massillon, Ohio. They have two daughters; both married and work as RN's. They also have 3 grandsons, two of which have autism. Deronda is in a new stage of life, excited to see where God is taking her. She is writing a book about autism.

She is a Woven Woman: a Woman of Virtue!

4 comments:

  1. Deronda... you're so special!!! So much of what you shared is ME... in the past I felt so "attacked" or felt my husband (pastor) was "attacked -and he was!" and rather than continuing to hand that pain over to God, I made decisions in the midst of pain, bitterness, hurt and anger etc... you cannot take all decisions back. You're message is HUGE to women out there who are disatisfied w/ life..thanks for opening your heart up! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I, too, made some bad decisions. It was when I totally surrendered everything to God, He could finally work through me. It took awhile for me to finally learn my sufferings do strengthen my faith. I now have joy. I will pray you receive His joy in your life. Blessings & love ~ Deronda

      Delete
  2. very timely message- thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Margaret ~ thank you for your encouragement. Love, Deronda

      Delete

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!