Tuesday, June 12, 2012

LIFE LESSONS: Spread Eagle


LIFE LESSON: Spread Eagle
by Kathleen Benis


Sometimes I am tempted to say, “I don't know how to do this.”

I have dreams, plans, desires in my heart. I get impatient. I cannot see the next step.  My thinking is restricted by human understanding. It feels like God is not listening, so I lean on human understanding. I look for logical answers to life's questions.

When a river flows downhill, the rushing water causes noise and busy energy. But deep below is a calm, quiet, gentle current. Likewise, when I find myself disturbed by the noise of life, I must remind myself that the Holy Spirit resides deep within me. He is the quiet gentle current that keeps me afloat on the river of life; that enables me to soar as an eagle, to view my circumstances from a spiritual level.

It reminds me of a teaching I have heard about eagles. If an eagle accidentally eats something poisonous to his system, he retreats high up into the rocks and stretches himself out. Laying "spread eagle" in the sun, he remains there until the sun's heat draws the poison out of his system.

Like the eagle, we must also retreat to regain our strength and refocus our spirit. We climb our mountain and rest on the Rock, our Salvation, the foundation of our faith. Journaling and praying, we lay "spread eagle" before the Lord. Our  poisonous thoughts are revealed by the Holy Spirit and renewed by the word of God. Our dreams come into alignment with His plans. Jesus is restored as the center of our being, and our soul finds it's resting place, at peace with our Maker.

Is the noise of life running you ragged? Present your whole self before the Son. Ask Him to draw out the poisons of your heart, your soul, your mind, even your physical body today. God promises to renew and restore you when you look to Him.  
"He gives strength to the weary,
and increases the power of the weak...
those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.
they will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint."
Isaiah 40:28,31

This is one of my favorite songs. I pray it helps to draw you into His presence today. He is with you always. May you experience His peace.

We'd love to hear how God is working in your life! Maybe you can point others in His direction. Share your thoughts by leaving a comment.
Hugs, ~Cindy

To leave a comment, simply click "Post a comment" below. You can comment anonymously or by just typing in a name. Google ID or URL is not necessary. Then click publish.

_________________________________________

Kathleen's husband Larry has given her 31years of happiness and now a beautiful home in Newark, Ohio, near their son Nathan and daughter-in-"love" Michelle.

Kathleen loves the Lord and loves sharing insights from God's Word. She loves to help others walk through the hard times, celebrate the good times and give hope in the messy-ness of life.
She is a Woven Woman: a Woman of Virtue!


I thank God for the day Kathleen walked into my life...and became a part of my Woven Leadership Team at Newark Naz!  Love! Cindy

Read other recent posts by Kathleen:
~50 Days of Holy! Juicing With Joyce
~50 Days of Holy! What Are You Thinking?
~50 Days of Holy! From Me to Thee

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the beautiful reminder of God's constant presence with us, Kathleen.

    Cindy- I love this song,too! Dean and I had it sung (Rebecca St James' version) during our wedding ceremony. We wanted God to know that we were in fact desperate for His presence in our marriage!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a beautiful tribute to God and witness of your faith at your wedding. God must have been smiling hugely over you. And the two of you always have a beautiful smile...He is obviously the love of your lives, Jessica. Thanks for sharing.

      Delete

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!