Saturday, June 9, 2012

LIFE LESSONS: BLING!

LIFE LESSON: Bling!
by Toni Spaulding
I LOVE BLING! Not the over-the-top kind. It just takes a little Bling here and a little Bling there to make me smile. And, I have plenty! I actually wore Bling before Bling became the rage.
When my mom passed away, she left many beautiful treasures. I keep her cameo brooch on a jacket. I can quickly slip it on when I long to sense her presence. If you were to see it, you may not even consider it to be Bling, but I sure do. It’s one of my favorite pieces.
My husband Dave gifted me with my most recent piece of Bling on my birthday:  a small heart necklace with birthstones of our children and grandchildren. Every time I look at it, I have precious memories. Now that is Bling worth wearing! I never take it off.
Recently, our youngest grandson, Jacob, gave me a sticker to wear that he got at the doctor’s office. I wore my Bling from Jake proudly.
Sometimes, we experience that sense of Bling, not with material things but with our eyes and our hearts. As I write this, I am fortunate to be sitting at the seaside. The Lord has blessed us with a beautiful sunny day. The reflections on the water have the appearance of dancing diamonds. It’s breathtaking!
God has created such a beautful world. Mountains! Oceans! Birds! Flowers! Trees! Forests! Colors! If we take time to enjoy His creative work, we find a lot of Bling here and a lot of Bling there. In fact, God has surrounded us with Bling-Bling! 

I’m sure that, like me, you have many Blingy things that you enjoy and have had wonderful Blingy moments that you can recall. But, the truth is, "we ain't seen nothin' yet!"
One of my favorite scripture verses is I Corinthians 2:9,
“No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him.”
Entering into Heaven’s gates is going to be one major Bling Fling! Revelation 9 gives us an amazing description of our heavenly home. It truly IS beyond what our minds can imagine. We will enter through gates of pearl and walk on streets of gold. There will be every kind of jewel you can imagine, colors we have never seen before. The Lord is saving the best for last! I don’t know about you, but I am going to feel right at home in The Kingdom of Heaven.


In the meantime, while I am still on this earth, I plan to enjoy every bit of Bling the Lord honors me with. On this spiritual journey, I have learned to keep my eyes, my heart, and my ears open daily to what God wants to show me. I don’t want to miss a single Blingy moment that He has planned for me. I pray that you will do the same. And if you are as blessed as I am, you might even collect a little Bling from here and there: Bling that you can wear!
Lord, Thank you for inviting us to your Bling Fling. Please help us to accept this invitation with open hearts, living in eager anticipation for what our future holds. Help us also to enjoy all that you have given us and not miss a single moment of life with you. We praise you in Jesus Name, Amen.
______________________________________________

It's a pleasure to introduce you to Toni. Our paths have crossed in many arenas over the years, most of which were ministry opportunities. I know for a fact that she cares deeply about others and loves to serve God.

Toni has been married to Dave for 43 years and a pastor's wife for 32 years.  They have two married children, Dawn and Jonathon, and four grandchildren.

Toni has been the owner/operator of Curves in Mt. Vernon, Ohio, for the past 12 years. Curves has been an amazing ministry opportunity, allowing her to reach out to women in need. She also serves as Director of Women’s Ministry at Mount Vernon First Church of the Nazarene.

She is a Woven Woman: a Woman of Virtue!
Thank you Toni! We look forward to hearing more from you this summer! ~~Cindy

2 comments:

  1. It's good to see your smiling face, Toni! You always added Bling to my day when I saw you in Curves. Be blessed--be Blinged!
    Rachel Blevins

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank u with sincere appreciation!
    ~Cheryl

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!