Monday, May 21, 2012

50 Days of Holy! We Are One

  
This is our last week of our 50 Days of Holy! series. But don't panic! We have something special planned for the summer. I will be announcing it soon. Soooo...Lets' Stay Connected. We Are Woven!

This week we will be looking at the Oneness, unity, holiness that is available through the Holy Spirit. One example of this unity is the story "Get Up and Walk", posted May 17, about my call to church planting. If we take  a second look at that sequence of events, we clearly see how God was moving through different members of His church to accomplish His will:
  • God wanted a church in Apple Valley.
  • He spoke to my District Superintendent and even placed my name on his heart.
  • My DS shared this God-thought with me, (though at the time, he added a disclaimer: "I think it's the Holy Spirit, but it could just be bad pizza.") haha
  • Little did my DS know, but five years earlier, one of my college professors said to me, "I've always thought the district should plant a Nazarene church in Apple Valley." I never forgot those words. In those five years, I reflected on them often. Mark and I had even talked it about it a few times. A few months before the DS proposed this to me, the thought that perhaps I should plant that church kept running through my mind.
     
  • Then enter the DS from Wisconsin, who had heard me preach at a revival in Green Bay. His phone call and invitation to plant a church, again affirmed that God was speaking.

  • Then my prayer partners, who knew nothing about the church planting opportunity or my prayer for healing. Yet, they became the vehicle God chose for releasing His healing gifts to me. An answer to my prayer. 

  • Through one particular prayer partner, He affirmed His plan by repetitively speaking the words: "Cindy, Apple Valley Church."
I was called, appointed, affirmed, healed, and affirmed again. Through the Holy Spirit's power and prompting, Cindy became God's instrument to plant the Apple Valley Church! God used every one of us to reveal and implement His plans. We see why it is so vital that we speak what He tells us to speak and do what He tells us to do. Jesus said,
"My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me (John 10:27)."
  • Are you listening?
  • Are you following?
  • Are you speaking when He tells you to speak?
  • Are you going where He tells you to go?
  • Are you doing what He asks you to do?
 
Wow! It's mind-boggling to think how the Church would grow, Christianity would spread, and lives would be changed if we were all working in obedience and in unison as the body of Christ!

I'm praying God's will over you today: that you will personally hear His voice and be obedient to His whispers on your heart.

I love you!
We Are Woven!
~Cindy
I love how God is using this blog to unite us and weave our hearts together in His love. Please share how God is working in your heart and life. Feel free to leave a comment or message me on FB or simply leave a comment below.  (Though many have had trouble leaving a comment, it really just requires a name). xoxoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!