Wednesday, May 2, 2012

50 Days of Holy! From Me to Thee

By Kathleen Benis
I think.
I want.
I feel.
The tune so often rings in my ear: “I am always on my mind”.


It requires a conscious effort to allow the “fruit of the Spirit” to flow from me: "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control (Gal. 5:22)."  I have to set my thoughts and intentions on Christ by allowing the Holy Spirit to thrive in my inner being.

I need correction, discipline. I need to own the truth about my attitude. I have to listen for God's instructions and bring my heart into a position of submission. In these teaching and revealing moments, the Holy Spirit plants seeds of God-given potential which are available to me as a child of God. These God-tools bring me to a place where His grace once again redeems my "me" complex.
“We use our powerful God-tools for smashing warped philosophies, tearing down barriers erected against the truth of God, fitting every loose thought and emotion and impulse into the structure of a life shaped by Christ (2 Cor. 10:5 The Message)."



The influence of these words show the importance of capturing our thoughts. Changing our tune from "me, me, me," to Jesus, come and “Abide with Me”. The result is a life of power and great fruitfulness in which our Savior is glorified.

  • Take time this week to capture your thoughts, to bring them into submission.
  • Water them with His word.
  • Allow Him to speak clear and life-changing truth to your soul.
  • Consciously change your prayers from "I" and "me" to Thou and Thee.

"Jesus, thank you for giving us God-tools to smash our destructive behavior. As I live and learn and grow, allow my life to display your beauty and purpose as your Spirit works in and through me to bring honor to your name. In Jesus Name, Amen." 
_________________________________________
Kathleen's husband Larry has given her 31years of happiness and now a beautiful home in Newark, Ohio, near their son Nathan and daughter-in-"love" Michelle.

Kathleen loves the Lord and loves sharing insights from God's Word. She loves to help others walk through the hard times, celebrate the good times and give hope in the messy-ness of life.
She is a Woven Woman: a Woman of Virtue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!