Saturday, May 5, 2012

50 Days of Holy! Free to be Me

"Free to be Me"

buried beneath the debris and demands of life, your true self awaits. hurting. yearning. longing to emerge from the ashes; to become the unique person God created in your mother's womb; to fully embrace your destiny.

Jesus is pleading, "Come out. Be healed. Be free!" 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
 Watercolor and Words copyright 2009 Cynthia K. Stiverson
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Today I would like to prepare your hearts for this upcoming week. We will be looking at the gifts of the Holy Spirit. I hope you enjoy my painting and the words describing it above.


I also appreciate these great words from John Ortberg...
 “I must ruthlessly refuse to compare my talents with anyone else. Comparison will lead to pride and a false sense of superiority if I’m ahead of someone, and misery if I’m behind. Or worse, I will discount and bury ...the irreplaceable treasure that the Lord of the Gift has given to me alone…I must come to identify, cultivate, invest, prize, and enjoy the gifts that have been given to me.
 The Lord of the Gift is very wise. He knew exactly what he was doing when he created you. He is well-pleased that you exist. He has entrusted to you everything you need to fulfill the purpose for which you were created.”

It seems I need to be reminded of this often. It seems too big to wrap my mind around. You too?

"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him--but God has revealed it to us by his Spirit (ICor. 2:9-10)."
I love this verse. What a promise! I'm really looking forward to what the Holy Spirit wants to reveal to us this week about the gifts He has placed within each one of us. Be blessed! BE FREE!

Hugs, Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!