Wednesday, April 25, 2012

50 Days of Holy! Our Heart Hug


50 Days of Holy!
Our Heart Hug
by
Kathleen Benis

I remember it well: Mother's Day 1996. My sweet husband took me to the Polaris Amphitheater to see Skating with the Stars. We had great seats. It was a wonderful evening. Knowing my son was at a sleep-over with friends, having a fun time of his own, made it all the sweeter. I remember looking up at the open sky and thanking Jesus for such an amazing life.

We traveled home anticipating a quiet evening. No kids, no worries. Then the phone call.

I don't remember much about the rest of the evening, other than the diagnosis. The shadow of illness, one that is chronic, one that would follow our son throughout his life. It rocked our world!

I knew from the beginning: I could not bow to fear. A teaching that crossed my path taught me a great acronym. Fear is False Evidence Appearing Real.

I needed God in so many ways. I knew God loved me. I also knew His Holy Spirit was my comforter, my guide. He makes us bold and courageous. As I asked Jesus to meet me in this broken place, I felt the inner peace of The Holy Spirit Himself,  reminding me of who I am and to whom I belong.

Our son has had many stops and starts in his life. Amidst the struggles, disappointments, and heartache, I chose to set my mind and keep it set on the promise and plan God has for my family. I sensed the Holy Spirit encouraging me to trust God's design for our life. Ephesians 4:23-24 says,
“Be renewed in the Spirit, put on the new man which was created according to God, in true righteousness and holiness (Max Lucado Study Bible NKJ)."

As you walk out your life, allow the Holy Spirit to impact your outlook on whatever situation you find yourself facing. The Holy Spirit is our heart-hug from God.

Thank you Jesus for sending your Spirit to dwell in us, to hover over us, to counsel us, to renew our mind. Turn our worries to prayer as you guide and direct us in your will and in your way.   

"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love Him and are called according to his purpose (Romans 8:28NIV)."
____________________________________________


Kathleen's husband Larry has given her 31years of happiness and now a beautiful home in Newark, Ohio, near their son Nathan and daughter-in-"love" Michelle.


Kathleen loves the Lord and loves sharing insights from God's Word. She loves to help others walk through the hard times, celebrate the good times and give hope in the messy-ness of life.


She is a Woven Woman: a Woman of Virtue!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!