Saturday, March 24, 2012

40 Days of Virtue: A True Beauty

A True Beauty
by
Woven Leader Kathleen Benis
"Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last;
but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised."
Proverbs 31:30(NLT)

How can it be? Beauty does not last?

Each day I look in the mirror, I see one more wrinkle. One more line. My spanks cami is no longer lifting and smoothing. How these models charm you into believing if you do this and wear that, your beauty will last. I thought beauty and charm made women come alive! I was deceived.

Then I met Jesus. He introduced me to the issue of my heart. Just as I love to be pursued so does He. God longs for you to love and pursue Him. He says, 

“Seek me with all of your heart”(Jeremiah 29:13).
As I seek Him, He unveils my beauty. He fuels my search for meaning, for wholeness. I begin to see the essential life-impacting role He has for me. My priorities shift.

Jesus opens my eyes to see myself and others through the heart. An internal beauty that captivates. This beauty brings life to others. It encourages. It inspires. As we allow Jesus to unveil our inner beauty, it unveils beauty in others too.


This season of Lent allows us to dwell on Jesus. His reason for dying was to overcome death; to bring us life. The beautiful thing about having a relationship with Jesus is that you are joining with Him in this life-bringing process. Life to those God-vacancies we need to deal with. He may be asking us to serve when we want to be served. To sacrifice when we feel exhausted and have no more to give. To put our wants and dreams on hold for the sake of others. It's in these times that we see a little more of our selfishness die and a little more of Jesus taking root in our heart, allowing His beauty to shine through: the most charming beauty of all!



Take a few moments right now to allow God to search your heart and show you how beautiful you already are...and the ways in which He wants to purify and beautify you more: from the inside out! 

Pray the prayer of Psalm 139:

"Search me, O God, and know my heart;
test me and know my anxious thoughts.
Point out anything in me that offends you,
and lead me along the path of everlasting life (verses 23-24)
."



_________________________________________


Kathleen's husband Larry has given her 31years of happiness and now a beautiful home in Newark, Ohio, near their son Nathan and daughter-in-"love" Michelle.

Kathleen loves the Lord and loves sharing insights from God's Word. She loves to help others walk through the hard times, celebrate the good times and give hope in the messy-ness of life.

She is a Woven Woman: a Woman of Virtue!

_________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!