Wednesday, November 30, 2011

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012: A "QUIET" BEGINNING

"I wish I could get some peace and quiet around here!" I often recall (and resonnate with) my mother's remark when she grew weary of her five children (me included!).  It does sound pretty good, doesn't it? If you are wishing for peace & quiet, ask Santa to reserve a room for you at our upcoming CREATING QUIET SPACES: A 24-hour Directed Spiritual Retreat, Friday, January 20-Saturday, January 21, 2012.

Feeling adrift? 
Longing to hear from God, but can't get past the clutter on your desk, on your calendar, in your own mind?
Does your spiritual life lack the intimacy that your heart longs for and God's word promises? 
God is calling you to come away with Him.
He wants to clear the clutter, adjust your agenda, quiet your soul. 
Sounds good, doesn't it?

Here's what you can expect:
Check-in Friday by 5pm. Dinner is at 6pm, followed by an introduction to the 24 hours, including spiritual direction, girl-time, and a tour of Sts. Peter & Paul Retreat Center.
We depart to our private rooms Friday evening around 9:30. Our "quiet time" has officially begun and continues until about 3:30pm on Saturday. Experiential exercises will be available in various locations to help you to connect with God in various ways during your quiet time. We have access to over 500 acres.  Or, if you prefer to stay indoors, there is plenty of room to roam, including a chapel, solarium, library, and parlor.
At 3:30 we gather again as a group to share our experiences and pray together before heading home at 5pm.

Cost is $70 for a private room, retreat materials, and dinner Friday. The food is excellent. (We have our own chef!) Breakfast and lunch are also available at an added (low)cost, but some women prefer to fast on Saturday or bring their own snacks. A microwave and refrigerator are available for our use.

Intimidated by silence?
You are not alone in that fear. After all, the God and Creator of the universe should be a bit intimidating! But, the flip side is this: the Father-God who created me wants to spend time? alone? with Me?! Ummm...let me check my calendar: I think I can pencil Him in!!

As we come together on Friday night, the women are usually a bit curious as to what they will do with all this "quiet" time. When we close on Saturday, they are longing for more!
These are some testimonies from last year's Quiet Retreat:

~"I so needed that time to pray, to journal, to reflect, but mostly to be still. The quiet time restored in me the love that the Lord has for me—what a great confirmation! Laying all my struggles at the feet of Jesus was what I did in those hours of quiet. I have such a peace now—not answers—but peace…"
~"Many people are fearful of silence, but I assure you of this, you will be amazed at what you don't hear and truly more amazed at what you do hear. 24 hours goes by very quickly because the Lord keeps you busy praying, reading His word and whispering in your ears to teach and bring peace and comfort to your heart."
~"I loved the experiential exercises. I got so excited that I could hardly wait to go to the next station."
~"The time with God was glorious and it was like I could not devour enough of God’s word. I was like a little girl at the candy store, ”I wanted to gobble up (soak in) as much of God as I could. Although I love to eat, it was like my heart was grieving when I broke away to feed my physical body!” …REALLY! Break Away.."

As we were leaving, these ladies were all asking, "When can we do this again?"
Now is the time! Reserve a space before it's too late. Space is limited to 12 women.


2 comments:

  1. Hi my name is Prophetess Robin Mles and I am the founder of a womens group called Woven which stands for 'women of value embracing nations'. I read your beautiful page and it gave me some ideas for my first womens conference this March 2012. We welcome you to visit our site and would love to have you share some of your retreat ideas with us in hopes of making our first conference a blessed success. I pray your event is as successful as it sounds and I know God will be with you and those attending your session. Our website is www.wovenwomensministries.com. We bid you god speed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Robin!
    I would be happy to communicate with you in regard to your upcoming women's conference. Feel free to email me: cstiverson@hotmail.I visited your site and look forward to hearing from you.

    God's blessings as you seek to serve Him and women.
    ~Cindy

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!