Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Free to Be Me: Wisconsin!


Bettina Bowman, new sister Ronda, & Me!
 Speechless. I am a speaker left speechless. Humbled. Amazed. Wow-ed to tears by God!

I seriously do not know how to relate what happened this past weekend. The dynamics were astounding.  We were prayed-up and prepared. God moved and breathed and transformed lives. We will never ever be the same.

Saturday night the stream of testimonies seemed unending. I cannot begin to count how many responded after the service. There was a steady stream of women coming forward to share their stories. It was after midnight when we finally turned off the lights and went to our rooms.

I am humored by their opening statements. It seemed like every woman who stood up to share, said, "I wasn't planning on coming up here. I don't like to talk in front of people. I don't like microphones. But..." The Holy Spirit was radically tugging on hearts. He was intent on weaving us together into His Sisterhood of Love. He was removing the veil of the false self and freeing up these women to become real! Wow! I absolutely LOVE this!

I am also touched by the bravery of these women. My heart is moved by the depth of their pain; and how God is working to redeem their pasts.  An 80-yr-old who was molested at the age of 4, finally gave God her guilt and shame! A 40-yr-old said she had tried counselors, therapy, everything available to rid herself of baggage she has carried her entire life. She came to me Sunday and said, "Nothing else has worked! But this did! I am not taking my baggage home with me. I am leaving it here!" A 25-yr-old said she wasn't planning to come. She thought, "Free to be Me: what does that even mean?" But she did come. She discovered that freedom only comes through Christ and she testified that every message led her to more freedom in Him!

Sunday morning, I gave a call for sanctification, an invitation to be filled with the Holy Spirit.  Hands shot up immediately: 8-10-12. I could see it on their faces! They were lit up like Glow-worms for Jesus! And, we celebrated new birth: Four Women Accepted Christ as their Savior! They will be seated with us at the Wedding Supper of the Lamb, dressed in their robes of righteousness: the most beautiful dress they have ever worn in their lives!

We came hungry, thirsty. We left satisfied and longing for more!
"And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit." 2Cor 3:18

~Wisconsin Ladies, I love you! Thank you for welcoming me/my ministry with open arms. Thanks mostly for welcoming God with open hearts; for allowing Him to remove the veil, that His glory may be revealed in and through YOU!

~If you would like to share something about the weekend, or what God has done since our time together, please feel free to leave a comment below. Would love to hear from you!
TO GOD BE THE GLORY FOREVER AND EVER!
Oh how I love you and love to serve you, Lord!

2 comments:

  1. Cindy, last weekend was amazing! God was truly at work. ( and working hard! ) I feel blessed to have been able to come and listen to you. You have such a way of telling the stories of the Bible so I understand and can adapt to "real" life. Thank you!!
    I know who holds tomorrow!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree: God was working hard to set His girls free! Praising Him for fueling your faith! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!