Saturday, January 1, 2011

1.1.11 A New Year, A New Perspective

A few months ago, I came across a turn of the century Ann Landers column that I had clipped from The Columbus Dispatch. A reader, "Kay C. in the Midwest" shared her list of New Year's resolutions for the new millenium. These resolutions are totally in keeping with the theme of spiritual hospitality from the second Woven Workbook, Entertaining Angels

So, I offer this list to all readers, but especially to the Woven Women at Newark Naz, as we are in the midst of this conversation. Read them. Rewrite them. Journal them. Adapt them. Add to them. Make them your own! Then, share them and make them a part of your life! 
  • I will remember to say something kind to the cashier who is harried and tired.
  • I will stop for a moment to get items from the top shelf for the woman who is in a wheelchair.
  • I will pause in the aisle at the grocery store, and wait until the elderly lady moves her cart past mine. I will do it with a smile on my face.
  • I will continue to call my mother to ask how her day is going and tell her about mine, not because she needs to know, but because it is important to tell her how much I love her while I still can.
  • I will email my friend who is feeling down to remind her what a talented, special person she is.
  • I will tell my husband how much I love and appreciate him for being a kind person, a good father and a wonderful husband.
  • I will tell my daughter I love her and think she's a cool kid when I drop her off at school.
Today, 1-1-11, is a day of "firsts"! I pray God will give you a new outlook, a fresh start, and provide many opportunities to receive and offer His unending, unconditional love and hospitality. I would love to hear YOUR New Year's Resolutions! Feel free to share in the comment section following this post.

Happy New Year with love,
~Cindy

2 comments:

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!