Sunday, May 2, 2010

FREE to be You...FREE to be Me!

"...I am the Lord. Those who hope in me will not be disappointed."
Isaiah 49:23

God is so true to His promises.
What an incredible Woven Weekend at Cherry Valley Lodge, Newark, Ohio!
75 Women + 1 Incredible God = Transformed Lives
Lives set free...free to be the unique women He created us to be.
The following excerpts are not exact quotes, they simply reflect the various journeys of women who attended.

"The flyer said to bring a journal. Though I have not personally heard from God in years, I wrote pages and pages in my journal. God truly spoke to me this weekend!"

"I came forward for Cindy to pray for me for sanctification. At dinner later, when I laughed with the women at my table, it felt so different. I believe it is what she spoke about today, the difference between the true self and the false self. I feel joy inside. I feel real."

"I'm so glad I came to this retreat. I made new friends. I came in touch with the person that I long to be and I want to grow in my relationship with God."

"I've been running from my pain and my past. I keep burying it, but it doesn't go away. It just resurfaces in different ways. I realized this weekend that I need to deal with it so I can move on. I feel God has been calling me to serve Him but I have to begin the process of healing first."

"I go to a different church, but we are all sisters in Christ! This weekend has been so awesome and you are an awesome group of women. I'm so blessed to have spent the weekend with you."

This is just a sampling of the testimonies of our ladies. But there were so many more...even weeks and months after the actual event, God was still using our time together to change lives. I believe it is accurate to say that not one woman walked away unchanged. We placed our hope in the Lord and we were certainly NOT DISAPPOINTED!

Thank You, Creator God, for helping us get in touch with our inner child,
for giving us a vision of the unique plans and purposes You have for our lives,
for the courage to heal, to serve, to be set free...free to be me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts & ideas...Leave a comment!